Galway Forum

Intermediate Championship 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To whoop_hero:  "Breathnachs looking very strong and organised again. Frank Doherty still at the helm, great to see the injured Peadar Og involved aswell.
Corofin B, playing the same brand of football as the A team blitzed St. Gabriels.
Clifden v Outherard was a draw, Outherard threw away a 3 point lead late on.
Aran Islands v Cortoon a draw also.
Headford walked all over Caltra.
Kilconly v Oranmore another draw, with Kilconly getting a late goal to share the spoils.
Can see Brathnachs, Headford, Corofin B being in the Semi-finals.
Corofin could potentially lose a few players to the senior team and America. but with the break in Intermediate Championship you would be silly as a young lad to wait around. You won't miss anything.
Gabriels, Williamstown, Caltra all looking at the drop. a toss between the 3 of them who will stay up."
Caltra got an awful hiding. They could go down again on that evidence.

Marooned (Galway) - Posts: 1661 - 29/05/2019 15:47:35    2188876

Link

Replying To whoop_hero:  "Breathnachs looking very strong and organised again. Frank Doherty still at the helm, great to see the injured Peadar Og involved aswell.
Corofin B, playing the same brand of football as the A team blitzed St. Gabriels.
Clifden v Outherard was a draw, Outherard threw away a 3 point lead late on.
Aran Islands v Cortoon a draw also.
Headford walked all over Caltra.
Kilconly v Oranmore another draw, with Kilconly getting a late goal to share the spoils.
Can see Brathnachs, Headford, Corofin B being in the Semi-finals.
Corofin could potentially lose a few players to the senior team and America. but with the break in Intermediate Championship you would be silly as a young lad to wait around. You won't miss anything.
Gabriels, Williamstown, Caltra all looking at the drop. a toss between the 3 of them who will stay up."
Kilconly vs Oranmore was a good contest.
Oran look like a side intent on going all the way, seemed to have good players in every sector. Kilconly on the other hand showed all the hallmarks of an experienced side to earn the draw. Will be interesting to see how far both teams go but I would imagine they will both be in the shake up.

Didnt manage to see any of the other games, any other reports?

Not.A.Quelly (Galway) - Posts: 84 - 29/05/2019 16:47:21    2188902

Link

Breachtnachs looked good,Headford beat a poor caltra outfit,might have Mannion bros for next round, need them badly,Corofin in great form good panel if they don't loose anymore to seniors,kilconly oranmore played out a draw could meet at business end as both look strong,Dunmore might be a dark horse,Cortoon Aran 1/4 finals at best,williamstown struggling to find any of the form from two years ago,Caltra Wtown Gabriel's look weakest to date,

Thelastword (Galway) - Posts: 33 - 30/05/2019 22:41:12    2189263

Link

Killererin Clonberne shoud have a good shout depsite being beaten. I am a fan of their free flowing attacking football. dry ball fast sod and dey will win it out.

BigNualaBurke (Galway) - Posts: 77 - 31/05/2019 10:27:03    2189328

Link

The Willie's were robbed by Carna. Carna got a goal late into injury time to win it.

But you are right, they are struggling for results and two years ago looks like it was a fluke. Struggling in Div 4.

Breathnachs, Corofin B, Headford and Dunmore are all impressive outfits.

Jellybaby (Dublin) - Posts: 237 - 31/05/2019 10:35:47    2189333

Link

Replying To BigNualaBurke:  "Killererin Clonberne shoud have a good shout depsite being beaten. I am a fan of their free flowing attacking football. dry ball fast sod and dey will win it out."
Far from free flowing football that they played at the weekend. Very robotic structured play, hoping that Shane Walsh brilliance will bring them scores. Can't see them getting to or past the Quater Finals with their style of play. have very decent forwards if the reins came off.

whoop_hero (Galway) - Posts: 59 - 31/05/2019 11:50:00    2189355

Link

Replying To whoop_hero:  "Far from free flowing football that they played at the weekend. Very robotic structured play, hoping that Shane Walsh brilliance will bring them scores. Can't see them getting to or past the Quater Finals with their style of play. have very decent forwards if the reins came off."
wat game where you at. referees favouring city & west teams as usual. Killererin Clonberne bounce back from this. John Ryan, Rabb & Welsh are good enough too start on any senior team, apart from anndown.

BigNualaBurke (Galway) - Posts: 77 - 31/05/2019 12:13:18    2189364

Link

Kilkerrin clonbere are focused on retaining intermediate status. They know there limitations and going up to senior ranks is not part of the plan rest assured

handpassking (Galway) - Posts: 346 - 31/05/2019 13:31:56    2189399

Link

Replying To Jellybaby:  "The Willie's were robbed by Carna. Carna got a goal late into injury time to win it.

But you are right, they are struggling for results and two years ago looks like it was a fluke. Struggling in Div 4.

Breathnachs, Corofin B, Headford and Dunmore are all impressive outfits."
Seen the two games in annaghdown, would not say willies were robbed, Carna were down to 14 after 20 minutes and the ref was giving most decisions against them,would be hard for kilkerrin to play a free flowing game against breathnachs with their structured set up but id still fancy them to rattle the championship yet

Gaagodeo (Galway) - Posts: 33 - 31/05/2019 15:59:19    2189444

Link

Kil clonberne are a mediocre team propped up by a highly talented inter county player who has a very questionable attitude when playing for his club. But seems to be the norm for most of them.

northbouind (Galway) - Posts: 223 - 31/05/2019 19:02:22    2189473

Link

Club football in east Galway has seen a large decline over the last few years. Any club that is more than 30km from Galway city is struggling the exception been Mountbellew/moylough. Clubs like KC Glenamaddy Menlough Dunmore and St. Brendan's were decent senior teams not to long ago. Also disappointing to see is the rapid decline of Caltra. Ballinasloe too once a powerhouse in Galway football are now struggling in junior.

squareball2009 (Galway) - Posts: 29 - 01/06/2019 12:47:51    2189606

Link

Replying To squareball2009:  "Club football in east Galway has seen a large decline over the last few years. Any club that is more than 30km from Galway city is struggling the exception been Mountbellew/moylough. Clubs like KC Glenamaddy Menlough Dunmore and St. Brendan's were decent senior teams not to long ago. Also disappointing to see is the rapid decline of Caltra. Ballinasloe too once a powerhouse in Galway football are now struggling in junior."
Right on the money

Jellybaby (Dublin) - Posts: 237 - 01/06/2019 22:41:19    2189694

Link

Or is it just the slow slippage of football standards throughout?

handpassking (Galway) - Posts: 346 - 06/06/2019 20:33:12    2191274

Link

Replying To galwayman2:  "Thanks but I'm not from Spiddal.
You might try writing a semi-coherent message one of these days good lad.
Maybe get some English lessons."
My English and Irish has got me a lot further and back than it will ever get you.

SAMMYTHEBULL (Galway) - Posts: 1621 - 12/06/2019 23:52:50    2194220

Link

Replying To SAMMYTHEBULL:  "My English and Irish has got me a lot further and back than it will ever get you."
Your ramblings on here would suggest otherwise.

galwayman2 (Galway) - Posts: 642 - 13/06/2019 12:29:15    2194367

Link

Replying To SAMMYTHEBULL:  "My English and Irish has got me a lot further and back than it will ever get you."
You're back again! Thought you had left for good

candlewax (Galway) - Posts: 178 - 13/06/2019 14:10:23    2194441

Link

Replying To candlewax:  "You're back again! Thought you had left for good"
I have a life as well... I dont take you that seriously.

SAMMYTHEBULL (Galway) - Posts: 1621 - 13/06/2019 14:28:50    2194448

Link

K/C vs Clifden - KC by 2
Oughterard vs MB - Draw
Williamstown vs Caltra - Caltra by 1
Headford vs Carna - Headford by 4
Corofin vs Kilconly - Kilconly by 3
Oranmore vs Gabriels - Oranmore by 15+
Aran vs Menlough - Aran by 10
Dunmore vs Cortoon - Cortoon by 1

mainman15 (Galway) - Posts: 23 - 09/08/2019 11:06:36    2222973

Link

K/C by 15
Oughterard by 4
Williamstown by 3
Headford by 7
Kilconly by 2
Oranmore by 10
Dunmore by 3
Menlough and Islands- draw

gaillimhboy (Galway) - Posts: 249 - 09/08/2019 11:49:56    2222982

Link

Was in ballinasloe tonight oranmore look a really strong side dont think they will win it out,better team won but gaberials looked to have really improved this year played some great football in patches, oranmore to get to quarters or even semi final

Fox.1n.7he.b0x (Galway) - Posts: 26 - 09/08/2019 23:55:58    2223247

Link